Are holidays funded by the NDIS?
No, but the supports can be funded if written into the plan as a goal, & determined that the reasonable & necessary criteria HAS BEEN MET. If the funds are not written into the plan we can still claim supports but budgeting of the funds needs to be monitored closely.
When planning your NDIS package you need to know what are your goals, such as enjoying a holiday. To have the opportunity to add supports for a holiday into your plan we recommend having a statement of goals identifying “Enjoying a Holiday with Clubmates Travel” and then asking one of our friendly staff for a Quote for your holiday before meeting with the LAC (local Area Coordinator).
- Holiday supports can be used to pursue the goals, objectives and aspirations in the plan identified by the participant.
- Supported holidays allow the participant to undertake socially and economically within the broader community by participating in holiday activities that would otherwise provide significant barriers.
- Clubmates Supports represent value for money as we use the NDIS price guide as a base to calculate costs of supports and any other costs need to be paid by the passenger/participant. The best option is to call the Clubmates office to get a quote for the desired holiday. This will give a complete breakdown of NDIS costs V’s participants out of pocket expenses.
- Clubmates Travel operates as a disability service provider following the disability standards. Trained, professional staff suitably qualified to complete the tasks are employed to provide quality & interactive support, effective & beneficial for the participant, having regard to current good practice, in a variety of holiday settings
- The level of support/funding that you can request is for all supports to be funded while on holidays, this excludes some travel expenses that are not deemed as reasonable or necessary, for example spending money and Travel Insurance.
- Holidays have no other government funding associated with them, so it therefore is recommended that you claim as much as possible from the NDIS.